This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection law, the data controller is Pedder Property Ltd.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and
information about your visit.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we may ask for some medical information before undertaking any physical viewings or valuations. We will keep this information on record for only as long as is sensibly deemed to be needed.
Uses made of the informationFor specific information on how your personal information will be used for the services, you have requested from us, please see options below;
Buy, Sell, Let, Rent
- We use your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you to let or sell your property or, if you are a buyer or tenant, for the purposes of arranging a contract for sale or a lease for you.
- If you are purchasing a property, we are acting as agents for the sale of or selling a property through us we will share your personal information with your appointed solicitors and the solicitors acting for the other side of the deal as is necessary to facilitate the sale or purchase.
- If you are renting a property we are acting as letting agents of, we will share your personal data with third party referencing agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and/or money laundering and checking your suitability to rent that property.
- Where we are managing property on your behalf we may need to pass your personal information from time to time on to third party contractors whom we have engaged to carry out maintenance on your properties. We have contacted all of these contractors to ensure they are operating in line with GDPR.
Other uses of your personal information
- Where we use third party services providers who process personal information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. This includes IT systems providers and IT contractors as well as third party referencing or screening agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may share your personal information with any person working within The Pedder Group on a need to know basis to ensure we are able to perform our obligations to you.
- We will hold your personal information on our client services systems and use this to provide you with marketing information and information on your local area that you might find useful. You have the opportunity to opt out of receiving this information at any time.
- Details may be given to Elysian Finance, a subsidiary of Pedder, who are a mortgage broker.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long to do hold your personal information forThe period for which we will keep your personal information will depend on the type of service you have requested from us. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain personal information for a longer period, or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim. This is usually around six years.
Your rightsYou have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, these include the right to:
- Be informed about how we use your personal information
- Obtain access to your personal information that we hold
- Request that your personal information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate
- Request that we erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If The Pedder Group is continuing to process personal information beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected
- If The Pedder Group is relying on consent as the legal basis for processing and you withdraw consent
- If The Pedder Group is relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing and you object to this processing and there is no overriding compelling ground which enables us continue with the processing
- If the personal information has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the requirements of the data protection legislation)
- If it is necessary to delete the personal information to comply with a legal obligation
- Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where you consider that:
- personal information is inaccurate
- our processing of your personal information is unlawful
- where we no longer need the personal information but you require us to keep it to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
- where you have raised an objection to our use of your personal information
How we process dataPedder employs three ways of lawfully processing data:
Consent: the person has given clear consent for Pedder to process their data for a specific purpose
Contract: the processing is necessary for performance of a contract with the landlord/ vendor/ tenant and an organisation. We will process your personal information under this condition where our interest
Legitimate interest: using it is not outweighed by your privacy rights or interests. This means that we can use your personal information only in ways you would reasonably expect and which have a minimal impact on your privacy, or where there is a compelling justification for
the processing. When it comes to staying in touch, we rely on legitimate interests because we only contact existing customers or people who have contacted us directly who are expecting us to do so. Each communication provides an easy to use opt-out.
Contacting us/ The ICOShould you have a complaint regarding The Pedder Group and your personal data, please contact us on email@example.com
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF - https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/