Your Plan To Get Moving
Get Your Mortgage Agreed In Principle
Elysian Finance are a specialist mortgage broking firm who have expertise in not only first-time buyer and standard residential mortgages but also:
Their innovative approach ensures a fresh look at property finance in a challenging environment and with access to over 7,000 mortgage products from more than 60 lenders their aim is to provide clients with the best rate available for their circumstances.
- Help to Buy
- Buy To Let Mortgages
- Commercial and Land
- Equity Release
- Product Transfers
They also have a complete online solution.
Visit their website for more information - https://www.elysianfinance.co.uk/
Be Ready To Work With Us – Our Expectations
Here at Pedder we understand that we must do all that we can to help prevent the spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus. This means putting in place additional health and safety measures to ensure that we are always adopting the highest level of hygiene. We are actively promoting these measures to anyone that we come into contact with in our business to ensure that they too have the highest possible levels of hygiene, in order to safeguard everyone as best as we can.
We have developed a strict and thorough Covid-19 hygiene policy that all employees of The Pedder Group will be expected to carry out as a minimum.
In addition to the above, and to ensure that we can safely continue to interact, we must please ask you to adhere to the guidelines below:
Our experience team will be able to talk you through the process of any physical valuation or viewings at your property before the appointment. However, please familiarise yourself with the government guidelines below.
- Please follow the public guidance surrounding Coronavirus. This includes following the strict hygiene and social distancing measures, and self-isolating where any symptoms are present. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- If you suspect that you have any symptoms connected to Coronavirus please let us know immediately. This includes very mild symptoms, as well as disclosing any symptoms of anyone that you may live with, or come into contact with on a regular basis. This will ensure that we are able to safeguard anyone that you may come into contact with by making an informed decision about an alternate approach to our appointment.
- We may request that you wear PPE (personal protective equipment) during your appointment. If you do not have this available, please let us know. We have endeavoured to obtain a reasonable amount of PPE for the safety of our employees.
- Where practically possible, appropriate and regular hand washing must be carried out as per the preventative guidance prior to, during, and following your appointment. Hand sanitiser must be used where appropriate hand washing facilities are not available.
- We ask you to please avoid all physical contact during your appointment, including handshakes, and ensure that the 2-metre social distancing guidelines are always adopted.
Improve Your Properties Exterior Appeal
Stand outside your home and compare it to your neighbours’ properties. If you do this and it makes you feel slightly mortified, it's likely that you've already failed to impress potential buyers.
A few ideas which could improve the exterior appeal:
- Make sure your lawn is neatly mowed
- Make sure your gutters have been cleaned out
- Repaint/ touch up your window frames
- Make sure your paving/ tiling is even and clean
- Trim all overgrown shrubs and bushes. Plant some new flowers greenery if you think this will improve the look
- Make sure you don’t have a surplus of weeds. Does this say that I embrace all forms of nature, or that I'm a lazy homeowner who probably hasn't maintained the rest of the property very well either?
If you've accumulated a lot of bits and pieces over the years, now's the time to either a) throw them out, b) give them to charity or c) find proper, neat places for them in a closet or cupboard.
Pay specific attention to:
- Books, CDs and DVDs
- Ornaments and knick-knacks
- Kitchen tools and appliances that currently live on the counters
- Potted plants
- Posters on your children's bedroom walls
We're not talking about a quick once-over. Serious attention to detail is necessary here.
- Dust the skirting boards
- Clean the windows (inside and out) and then polish them for extra shine
- Dust light fixtures and furniture
- Clean your carpets
- Get rid of cobwebs
- Polish taps and mirrors
- Clean out the refrigerator and deodorise it by a) placing an open box of baking soda inside it to soak up odours and b) wiping down the inside surfaces with vanilla extract
- Bleach tile grout
- Scrub the oven clean
Repair, restore, revamp
The devil is in the details, and the sale of your home could be hampered by simple little things that you've stopped paying attention to. Try to look at your home from the perspective of your buyer, and think about the details that would impress you if you were in their position.
- Replace broken light bulbs
- Fix leaky taps
- Fix doors and drawers that don't open or close properly
- Repair cracks in the walls
- Touch up paint and repaint altogether where necessary (in a neutral colour)
- Hang up fresh towels in the bathroom
- Get a new shower curtain and bathmat (again, choose neutral shades)
- Get rid of that busy wallpaper that you loved five years ago. Remove it and then paint the walls - don't simply paint over it, as it will be obvious to your buyer and make the wallpaper difficult to remove
- Eradicate odours - particularly those from cigarette smoke, mildew and pets. Open the windows and air out your house.
- Replace cushion covers, bedspreads and curtains that are worn or have garish colours and patterns
Make the Most of Your Properties Light
There are other ways to maximise the light in your house - natural or otherwise.
- Replace dim light bulbs with higher wattage
- Don't just pull open those heavy, dark curtains - pull them down altogether
- In areas of your house that are particularly dark, install some extra light fixtures
- Repaint darker rooms with light-coloured and light-reflecting paint
- Prune any trees or vines that are casting shadows inside the house
Looking to Buy??
Get to grips with the key terms
When deciding to step up on to the property ladder, a lot of us don’t know what some of the house buying terminology means, or that it even exists. Getting to know the key moving terms before you make an offer can help to ensure the transaction runs smoothly and quickly.
Calculate the cost of buying a house
Your outgoings when buying a house aren’t limited to the deposit, so it is important to take into consideration the other costs involved with purchasing a property when deciding your budget:
- Stamp duty
- A house survey
- Conveyancing solicitors